Monday 17 January 2011

Very quick

No time for lengthy exposition regarding today's Rauch signing - I'll expand on this later, but my first impression: too many bodies.

Consider the depth chart-

RH:
Rauch
Dotel
Frasor
Camp
Janssen
Vilianueva
Roencke
Richmond
Cordero*
McGowan*
Ray

LH:
Purcey
Zep
Carlson
Mills
Reyes

* = DL or injury concern.

I've bolded the most obvious candidates to break camp with the Jays. That only includes one lefty, and traditionally a team wants to take two (all the more given Dotel's splits). I'd figured Zep as the leader for the second lefty spot (assuming Litsch is in the rotation) but I don't anticipate an 8 man pen.

An injury solves the problem of course, but my first impression is that someone might get dealt towards the end of ST.

also, it looks like Roenicke steps into the Accardo role of never getting a clean shot again.

No comments: