Saturday 13 September 2008

I Stand Corrected

One of the things I hate is when someone proliferates a bit of erroneous info and it becomes "common knowledge" around the net. So I'll not let myself be a contributor to that if I can help it. The item I posted last night was attributed by a poster named "Matt" to Mike Wilner's blog. He, in turn, attributed the claim to a writer at Baseball Prospectus.

However, the reliable Jordan Bastian notes today that the claim is, in fact, not true. See his game blog today for the details.

I have no way of knowing if the error lies with Matt or with BP or if (most likely) the BP writer was referring to some stat other than "normal" ERA.

In any case, I stand corrected.

Oh, and I'm more than a little pleased to know that our humble blog is among those Mr. Bastian checks out from time to time. I hope we continue to be worthy.

~WillRain

No comments: