Tuesday 26 August 2008

Jinkies! A Clue!

I couldn't resist the temptation to get the scoop on this story. I'm not 100% sure that the source is reliable but it's credible enough I'm going to run with it. According to the Syracuse Chiefs Game Notes for yesterday's game, Kevin Mench was demoted to make room for the activation of Scott Rolen.


That thought had occurred to me right away when Mench's demotion was announced but I dismissed it assuming Rolen had missed enough time that he'd need a couple of rehab games. Apparently not. I'm not sure whether to be glad that this implies Rolen's shoulder responded to treatment (and thus the team knows what to do about his difficulties) or to see this as basically giving up on the treatment they were using and activating him in an act of blind hope. Still, as is my way, I'll be optimistic until events force me to be otherwise.

By the way, hat tip to FisherCat at Batters' Box for the lead.

~WillRain

Update:
Jordan Bastian confirms Rolen is being activated and reports that Rolen has retooled his swing in a way that he thinks will allow him to play every day. Here's hoping. Also, he note Jeremy Accardo is being shut down for the year and will pay a visit to Dr. Andrews about his troublesome forearm.

1 comment:

AGF said...

Like, zoiks!