Wednesday 27 February 2008

Signs of the Apocolypse


The inebriated, and the philosophical have noted with more than a little surprise that TBS is shockingly going to open their Sunday afternoon baseball coverage this season with a game involving the Blue Jays!!!!
Forgive me for upstaging those talented writers but this is MY bailiwick!

Why?

Because I live hundreds of miles south of the Canadian border and I catch a Jays game on television about as often as I catch a lunar eclipse. True, when they have a series with the Braves every three years, I can often see all three of those. Once a season or so WGN might accidentally carry a Jays game against the White Sox but ESPN?

ESPN apparently is unaware that they play baseball in Canada. I don't think that the Jays have been on the Sunday night game in this decade. I can't think of more than a half dozen times they have been on the network in any time slot. Now, admittedly, I live far from any place where there would be a "natural interest" in terms of a regional game. But I don't live close to New York or Boston either.

Anyway, with the availability of MLB.TV, the problem isn't more than a pet peeve anymore, but it still pisses me off.

Kudos to TBS for the choice.

~WillRain

No comments: