Sunday 23 March 2008

End of an era


Bad news, which I'm sure you've heard by now. ESPN and several other news outlets are reporting that Reed Johnson has been cut. Hit the showers Johnson, you're done...

As I've said several times - unless Reed is too injured to play, this is a terrible move by the Jays. A cheap move, I should add, as one of the reasons they cut him was $$. The worst part is, the writing was on the wall that he was going to be cut, and because all the other teams knew that, they weren't going to give up any talent to acquire him when they could just get him for 500K or a MLC when JP and crew inevitably cut him.

I really hope this move doesn't backfire down the line. I know it's just a fourth OF, but I don't feel confident giving the job to Stewart at this point in his career.

Twitchy.

No comments: